Saturday, February 15, 2014

Back on the ice

  After a nice four month weekend I am back at McMurdo station for another winter. As odd as it feels to be here, it is nice to be back. It's the tail end of summer and lots of people are leaving as well as winter-overs arriving. There is much open water as the sea ice is gone all the way to Scott Base. There is still much wildlife about including Adelie Penguins, Wedell Seals, Orcas, Menke Whales, and of course, Skuas. The temperature is dropping and winter is definitely in the air.
  I was hired on to remodel Building 210 which is going to be a huge project that will last well into summer. For all I know I may be here for a full year again. I'm not sure about the music scene this winter but I am hoping for the best. There is still a few more weeks until all the winter-overs are here, and with any luck there will be enough musicians for a few bands.
  As it is cloudy and windy outside, I don't have any pictures yet, though I will be sure to post some in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment